Introducing a fast and easy way to view up-to-date regulatory activity across the world. This information will help you identify key developments that could impact your homologation process, and might even inform key product design decisions. You will see regulatory news on the many different countries entirety covers. This is just a small sample of our blog. The full feature and many other benefits are available to our customer’s. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding the services we offer. Email: email@example.com
On March 11th, 2021, ANATEL issued the Ato no. 1630, that established all testing procedure for the measuring od Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) for the purpose of evaluating the technical conformity of products with ANATEL.
The highlight is that now is fully adopted the standard IEEE 62209-1528 (2020), subject to additional and specific conditions specific conditions established in this annex on the same document, for the evaluation of portable terminal stations operating in the radio frequency (RF) bands between 4 MHz and 6 GHz.
This is a summary of the main changes for testing Portable Terminals (now on EUT):
– The testing will be executed in the frequency range of 4 MHz to 6 GHz.
– Now the If the laboratory has a history of measuring of the compliance liquid, according to the conditions in IEEE 62209-1528 standard the characterization may be valid for a period of up to 7 days.
– The test procedures for EUT with accessories shall be performed in the technology configuration and RF band with the highest SAR value of the EUT measured without accessories.
– If the EUT has multiple antennas and there is the possibility of antenna selection by RF band or simultaneous transmission, the manufacturer shall inform the transmission modes of these antennas in a way that allows the technical analysis of the responsible Certification Body, in order to optimize the amount of tests needed quantity of tests needed before performing the tests.
– In EUT that has more than one antenna in non-simultaneous transmission, instead of evaluating all antennas in all frequency ranges for all technologies, now is possible to identify the technology with higher transmission power
– The use of Time Averaged SAR for EUT with this functionality using different timing windows according to the frequency range of operation: 100 s up to 3 GHz; 60 s from 3-6 GHz: and 360 s from 4 MHz to 6 GHz
This Regulation is now in force.